Velluti's - The Fruit & Veg Company is a Fruit & Vegetable Providore supplying high-end restaurants in Sydney. Our busy warehouse is located within Sydney Markets.
Current Employment Opportunity (January 2018)
There is an opportunity for enthusiastic workers to take up a role as a Casual Delivery Driver (Warehouse Assistant).
Successful candidates must possess the following Qualities, Skills and Experience:
- Driver Licence
- A strong work ethic - be reliable, punctual and hard-working
- Handle early morning starts
- Be physically fit and healthy
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated
- Enjoy working independently, but also have the ability to work as part of a small team in order to get the job done
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- General knowledge of Sydney Metro suburbs and roads
- Safety awareness
It would be an advantage to have:
- Current forklift licence
- Experience in the fruit and vegetable industry
- The ability to drive a manual vehicle
Duties & Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading delivery vans
- Completion of paperwork
- General warehouse work
- Hygiene duties and Food Safety practices
- Transport and delivery of produce to restaurants
Job may also involve:
- Picking and Packing
- Quality assurance checks on produce
- Receiving produce & stock control - sorting, labelling and rotating stock as it arrives to warehouse
Hours of Work
- Successful candidates will be employed on a casual basis. There is potential for part-time or full-time employment in the future.
- Delivery drivers are rostered on to cover delivery runs between the hours of 5am to 3pm Monday to Saturday.
- General hours of business operation are between 1am - 3pm, but from time-to-time you may be required to start / finish work earlier or later than this.